Winter is over (whew, that was a rough two weeks!) and the temperatures are already creeping back up into the 80's which means it's almost swim season again! If your house is like mine, the kids have already taken the plunge! And, if your house is like mine, you may have been a little lax with the pool maintenance over the winter. Here are a few steps for getting everything back in order.
- If your pool is not screened in, you may have some debris accumulated on the bottom of the pool. Put your skimmer and vacuum to work!
- Check your water level and add or remove until the top of the water sits at the midway point of your skimmer.
- Analyze your pool water with an at-home kit or by taking a sample down to your local pool store. Take recommended steps to return your water to optimum swimming levels.
- Check your deck drains and clear out any weeds or debris that have accumulated over the winter.
- Inspect your pool toys for damage or mildew and discard those that aren't up for another season.
- Dive in!